With older adults at the highest risk of severe illness from COVID-19, they are encouraged to stay at home and put off non-essential appointments. This is why many physicians, patients, and home care in Palmdale, California are opting for telemedicine.
If you have a chronic health condition that needs constant monitoring, you can arrange a telemedicine session with your primary healthcare provider. At Pure Devotion Home Care, a provider of quality in-home care services in California, our caregivers can assist you in scheduling an appointment and setting up your device.
Here are the things you need to prepare for your virtual visit:
- A reliable internet connection and a smartphone or PC.
- If you have an insurance plan, check if they cover telemedicine sessions.
- Ask your healthcare provider about the steps they take in ensuring your privacy.
- Be prepared to wait for your consultation to start. Your provider may place you in a virtual waiting room before your session.
- Depending on your session, your doctor may prescribe you with medication. Make sure to get it filled right away.